Monday, May 16, 2011

My First Maternity-Wear Purchase and My 14 Week Visit

Well, where has Monday gone?  I had a very busy day at work today, but I had to show you my very first maternity-wear purchase!!  For mother's day, my parents got me a gift card to The Baby Bump on Magazine Street for a pair of maternity jeans.  So off we went on Saturday to score a pair.  Well, about six pairs later, I think we concluded that the baby doesn't live in my tummy, but instead (s)he lives in my bum. It was a challenge to figure out what the best fit was when I don't know how my body will change over the next few months.  

So we put the jeans on the back burner (I think I'm going to re-visit the issue later on in the summer), and I found a pair of Olian white linen wide leg pants that are as comfortable as they are stylish!  I imagine wearing them with tank tops and light weight sweaters and espadrilles wedges.  Oh la la!!!  Aren't they fabulous?


I'll be fourteen weeks this Wednesday, and I have my second doctor's appointment.  I was just so nervous at my last visit.  I couldn't wait for the doctor to tell us that everything looked perfect.  The moment the image of the baby came up on the screen, my heart grew.  It was just so amazing to finally see the baby and to hear the heartbeat.  I thought I'd be prepared for that moment, but it took my breath away.  To realize that there was a baby sharing in my every breath was  so incredibly special.  While I still have six weeks before we get to see the baby again, I am so looking forward to hearing the heartbeat and knowing that all is right in there.

10 comments:

  1. It's an amazing feeling!!

    Those are very cute pants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those linen pants - perfect for summer! I found a pair of maternity jeans that I live in at Motherhood Maternity - they're almost like jeggings, super stretch and lightweight. I love them! Also, Old Navy is having a sale on their maternity clothes, and I've heard they have good capri pants and such. Just passing along the good advice others gave to me! Happy 14 wks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pants are perfect! I love white linen pants. My maternity clothing suggestion, empire dresses. You can wear them throughout your entire pregnancy. Congratulations again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!!! Oh, and those pants are super darling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable pants.
    Yes, you will always remember that first moment of hearing the heartbeat. Pretty sure I cried at every single doctors appointment. First it was because of the scale, then being poked and then when I would see my dr and hear the heartbeat I cried again!
    Also, the first time you feel the baby move its really neat.
    PS: Those ballet flats I featured on my blog from J.Crew will make a super comfy shoe for you!
    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WAIT! WHAT! I am at a loss for words! I missed you annoucing you were prego! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for you! I am so happy for you! Your gonna be one heck of a hot mama! So happy for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those pants! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a bunch of modal/knit dresses from stores like NY&Co and LOFT to wear during my pregnancy.

    Also, Old Navy has some linen pants that are pretty comfy as does Destination Maternity by Lakeside.

    There is a maternity section at the Old Navy in Elmwood.

    I don't know what size you are, but I have some stuff that I had gotten that no longer fits me. (my boobs are too big or it's too short) and if you're interested in any of it, email me and let me know and we can meet up and I can pass it on to you!

    Also, if you are not opposed to secondhand stuff- there is a store called Kid to Kid on Severn that sells maternity stuff as well. I got a pair of Mimi seersucker shorts for $14 (that still had tags on them!) and a Liz Lange maxi dress for $10 that I have worn the heck out of. Target has great maternity options too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! We are due Nov. 16th too!! Love this post...I have had the HARDEST time finding a pair of white maternity jeans/pants. I don't really need them yet, but I think in no time I will. I shopped just about everywhere and finally splurged on the perfect white jean that I can wear now, later and after baby.

    Whoohooo for sharing due dates :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! I have a pair of white maternity slacks that I practically lived in the summer I was expecting my first son. You will be so happy you bought these! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails