Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trendy Wednesday - Neutral Nursery Inspiration

I mentioned that Mark and I have decided not to find out the gender of our baby.  At first, I found this decision really complicated how we would decorate the nursery.  I couldn't conceptualize a gender neutral space. 

Because Mark found many of the coffee and cream toned nurseries we looked at sterile or uptight, we decided to go with a green and white scheme.  We initially chose the scalloped pique bedding from Pottery Barn Kids in light green and the PBK chenille dot curtains in green, but I was having trouble tying in the paint colors with the fabrics, etc.  I had reached a point where I was frustrated and feeling like our nursery would never look the way they do in magazines.  And then I discovered Restoration Hardware Baby and Child!

I fell immediately in love with every room they featured.  Once Mark saw that linens and creams and whites could feel soft and sweet and reminiscent of all things baby, he changed his mind about a neutral toned nursery.  And the nursery preparation began!

Our inspiration is this RH Baby and Child nursery
I knew this was the one when I found myself finding time to go to their website just to look at it.  I love absolutely everything about this room! 

So far, we have secured the Adele extra wide dresser
I wanted something that would comfortably store all of the babies things.  I'm a "shover" - meaning that I will overstuff small drawers until everything I needed to fit in a dresser fits.  The problem is, it is impossible to keep that system going long term and have any semblance of order.  So we opted with the extra long dresser to have some additional space for the baby's clothes and supplies.

We have ordered the Adele topper
Rather than buying a changing table, we have decided to add this topper to the dresser to keep the baby nice and secure when we change him or her.

I think the reason I fell in love with the Adele collection was due to the bookcase
There was something about those little feet that I loved. 

There was a Serena and Lilly bedding set was just what I wanted, but at $950, there was no way we were going to get it.  The RH Baby and Child embroidered trellis & vintage wash percale nursery bedding had a very similar feel and a much better price.  We scooped it up this weekend and it gets delivered in mid-July.  I can't wait!!!

Here are a few other pieces that we're planning to add to the room...








I think for the crib we're going to choose the classic Jenny Lind crib.  We're getting ours from Pippen Lane where we will also get our glider.  We're waiting for the bedding to arrive so that we can be sure we choose a coordinating fabric that ties in with the bedding. 
I can't wait until everything arrives and we can start setting up!!!! 

8 comments:

  1. What pretty nursery stuff! I had never seen rH kids! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a sweet nursery, and I admire you so much for wanting it to be a surprise. I don't know if I could do it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fell in love the first time you showed me, and I love it even more now! It's going to be so warm and cozy, you have such fabulous taste!! oxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty!! I can't wait to see pics of the finished room - I am sure it will turn out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that y'all are not finding out. My bestie didn't find out and found a great bedding that was green and brown because they felt it was the best option that would look great with some pink & blue thrown in later.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to you guys! Just read that you are expecting! Awh! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay...ignore my other comment!!! Love the gender neutral nursery!! It looks like it's going to be BEAUTIFUL! Kudos to you for being able to wait :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails