Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tasty Tuesdays: Bunny Trail Mix

Photo Courtesy of Bo's Bowl

Can you believe that Easter is just a few days away?!  As I put Jane in her corduroy long bubble and wool coat, I had to remind myself that we are indeed hosting an egg hunt at our house this weekend.  The good news is that it should warm up in time for Jane to wear her Easter egg hunting outfit!!

Because it is tax season, I needed a party favor that would be easy to make and assemble.  Of course, tasting great was a must as well!!  I have seen varying recipes for what many call "white trash," but I am referring to as Bunny Trail Mix.

I've got some ingredients already in the house, so we're going to work with what we have.  It may be different from recipes you've seen online, but I think the best part of a recipe like this is that you can add in your very favorite holiday treats.

Bunny Trail Mix

4 cups corn Chex
4 cups rice Chex
3 cups pretzel sticks (broken in half)*
1 cup peanuts
1 bag dark chocolate Easter M&Ms
2 bags white chocolate melting drops

*I am using sticks since we have snackers that could choke on pretzel rounds

Carefully melt chocolate in the microwave, stirring after 30 second intervals.  Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl.  Stir in the chocolate.  Pour onto wax paper and allow to cool.  Break into pieces when cool.

ENJOY!

How do you plan to celebrate Easter this weekend?

1 comment:

  1. We're going to a crawfish boil on Saturday at my SIL's house in the country and then on Sunday,we're having a cochon de lait dinner with my family!

    I may actually have to make this recipe! It looks tasty!

    I can't wait to see pictures from the Easter Egg Hunt! :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails