Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tasty Tuesday: Candy Corn Fudge


I think candy corn falls into the same candy bucket as swedish fish, licorice, or Peeps.  You either love it or you hate it.  And by love it, I mean you consume it by the handful.  Growing up, I loved candy corn.  I now find it a little too sweet, but seeing it and tasting it always brings back such great memories of the coming of fall that I find myself nibbling on a handful of it before I've had a chance to realize just how sweet it is. 

I have seen several Fall inspired posts recently that talked about candy corn, and it seems everyone is finding themselves munching on this irresistible treat.  When I saw this recipe for Candy Corn Fudge, I thought it was too appropriate not to post.  I think it would make the perfect treat to bring to a party or to work.  How festive is this fudge!!

Candy Corn Fudge
Ingredients

1 7-oz. jar marshmallow cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
2/3 cup evaporated milk
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cups candy corn (about 12 oz.)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
1 ounce semisweet chocolate, chopped, optional
1 ounce white chocolate, chopped, optional

Preparation
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with foil; butter foil. Combine marshmallow cream, sugar, evaporated milk and butter in a large, heavy pan. Bring mixture to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture reaches 235°F on a candy thermometer, 10 to 15 minutes.

2. Remove from heat and stir in candy corn, chocolate chips and peanuts, stirring until chocolate melts. Immediately transfer to foil-lined pan and smooth top until even. Chill until set, at least 2 hours.

3. In separate bowls over pans of simmering water, melt semisweet and white chocolate, if desired. Using forks, drizzle both chocolates over fudge. Cut fudge into squares.

Are you a candy corn addict? 

1 comment:

  1. What a delicious recipe. I definitely think I am going to have to attempt to make candy corn fudge!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails