Sunday, October 2, 2011

Weeks 31 and 32: The Cure to Nesting: A Baby Parisian Shower

Dear Baby A,

Week 31 brought with it all of the anxiety of a full on nesting phase.  Mommy starting making list after list of to dos and things needed.  Being the accountant that I am, they are all in excel, and there is a tab for layette needs, hospital bag needs, diaper bag needs, etc.  There's even a schedule that reflects pre-k 2 programs that we have applied to and where we are in the application process.  Yes, you read that right: pre-k 2 program applications!!!

 If I'm being honest, there were a few nights where Mommy had mini-breakdowns that included child-like sobs and Mommy saying, "We're going to have a naked baby that lives in a dresser drawer."  Mommy may sound a little crazy, but I promise you that I've read its totally normal.  We just want to make sure everything is just right for your arrival.  The best cure I have found to the nesting woes is a fabulous baby shower thrown by Mommy's sister and good friends!

Five very lovely ladies put together the most amazing baby shower a girl could ever ask for!  They chose a Parisian theme, and they had every little detail just perfect.   From the intimate setting at Clever Wine Bar, to the gorgeous floral arrangements, and the amazingly delicious food displays, they could not have put together a more perfect day.


Le Bar

Clever Wine Bar put together a menu of champagne cocktails: Kir Royales, Mimosas, and Bellinis.  They had a special mocktail ready for me too!

 Cheers to Baby A!

Le Boulangerie 
Chicken salad on croissants.  Mmmmm.....

Mini quiches and mixed green salad.

Le Charcuterie and Fromagerie
A fabulous assortment of meats and cheeses

Le Patisserie
The dessert selection included raspberry cream tarts, chocolate mousse cups, Nutella crepes, Madeleine cookies

Le Gelateria
and there was also the salted butter caramel ice cream

Le Fleur
Trish and Melanie should go into business together as florists!  The arrangements they put together were breath taking and reminded me of the various flower markets we strolled by in Paris.


The girls asked all of the guests to leave a little note with detailing their favorite travel memory for me to share with Baby A.  I love reading through them and planning future family vacations.

There are not enough ways to thank these lovely hostesses.  They made my shower so incredibly special.  It's one of those days that feels slightly surreal.  There I was preparing for the arrival of Baby A.  I feel like I was just celebrating my bridal shower!  It was such a special day that I will remember forever.  The thought and detail that they put into making it so perfect makes me feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

5 comments:

  1. Your posts always make me hungry. Those chicken salad croissants look delicious!

    I do love how you have an excel sheet with your shopping list. I do the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice shower! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing shower and you look fabulous!

    I love the chicken salad idea on croissants. I might have to do that for E's bday party. I need to start tackling those details.

    Enjoy the last few weeks of being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession: I was swooning over these photos on Facebook today! This may be the most perfect shower ever, and you all look just gorgeous! XX

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful shower, love all the pics!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails