Friday, June 5, 2009

Fridays Five Favorite Things - Summer TV Shows


Remember when nothing good came on tv during the summer?? Not anymore. Here's a few shows that I'm looking forward to keeping up with over this long hot summer...



  1. The Bachelorette - Before last season's bachelor, I had only watched a few episodes of this show. I could never really get into it. And then Jason and Melissa came along, and I was hooked! Now every Monday night I sit by the tv with a glass of wine and thank God I'm not single. If the group of men Jillian has to choose from is what's out there, I'm scared! Especially Tanner P who talks about nothing else but her feet. He really creeps me out!

  2. So You Think You Can Dance - This is the first time I've caught this one. I was in love immediately. I could watch talented dancers perform for hours and not be bored. Plus, for some reason, I feel like if I watch how amazing they are, some of their moves might magically work themselves into my "late night at the Gold Mine" dance routine.

  3. Top Chef Masters - OMG!!! My favorite show supersized! I cannot wait to watch the world's most famous and acclaimed chefs compete against one another. New Orleans' own John Besh will be mixing it up. Now if only we could figure out a way to make our tv Scratch-n-Sniff compatible we'd be in business.

  4. Burn Notice - I LOVE this show. It's so supsenseful. It's about a US spy who gets burned (ratted out as a spy) and is living in Miami helping people who are in pickles while trying to find out who burned him. Each week he narrates the episode and tells you how to do crazy spy stuff with normal household things. I keep these tips stored in my brain for the nights when Mark is on call and I am alone and convince myself that the bad guys are hiding in our house and coming to get me in any minute. I need him to explain how to hurt a bad guy with hairspray, bobby pins, and OPI nailpolish. These are things I keep lots of handy in our bathroom.

  5. Chefs vs. City - It's the official name of the show my sister will be on on Food Network. Here's their description of what's set to happen "Acclaimed chefs Chris Cosentino and Aaron Sanchez are pitted against two local foodies in a winner-takes-all race through a different city each week. Each team begins with a clue leading them to their first food challenge. Challenges could include everything from wine stomping to eating the spiciest chili west of the Mississippi to diving for sea urchins! The five challenges take the chefs and foodies on an adrenaline-charged, food-lovers tour of each city, and once complete, it�s a sprint to the finish line to see if the locals can protect their home turf or if the Food Network chefs can conquer a new city." I can't wait for her tv debut!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails