Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Week 25: Daddy's Project

Benjamin Moore Pismo Dunes

Dear Baby A,

It is the start of week 25!  To get things going, Mommy had her glucose screening today.  Rather than the orange drink most moms have to drink, Dr. Champlin recommended two donuts and a bottle of oj.  So Mommy and Daddy had breakfast at Blue Dot Donut  where I ordered two cinnamon twists and a large juice.  You will come to learn that cinnamon sugar is quite a perfect combination!  Fingers crossed my lab results will come back just fine, and we'll have one less thing to worry about.  The closer we get to meeting you the longer my "worry list" gets!!

Baby A, last night I came home to find your daddy high atop a ladder covered in paint.  Can you guess what project he was completing?  It is a very special one, indeed!  Of course, he was painting your nursery.  For weeks Daddy has been asking if he could get started on your room, but Mommy has a hard time making final decisions when it comes to paint colors.  Well, two Saturdays ago we settled on Benjamin Moore's Pismo Dunes, so Daddy began working on your room this weekend.

I cannot begin to tell you how lucky you are to have such a wonderful Daddy.  From the moment we picked the color, he has been saying how excited he was to have a project to complete just by himself especially for you.  He could have asked for help, and lots have people who love you would have joined the paint party, but he wanted to get it ready all on his own as a little present for you.  It makes me so happy and content knowing that your daddy loves you that much. 

I would love to share all of the experiences I have had with Daddy that make me so certain he will be a wonderful father, but to do so would take as long to tell as it did to live those moments.  What I can tell you is that your Daddy is warm and kind and patient and supportive.  He is wise and thoughtful.  He is a wonderful story teller.  He has a laugh that is contagious and a smile that fills a room.  He thinks of others before himself.  And he loves you more than you will ever know.  Already.  Without meeting you, he loves you.  And he always will. 

When I think about seeing you in your Daddy's arms, it makes me ever more ready to meet you, little one.  I can't wait to see him hold you and rock you and kiss away your bobos and tell you all is right in the world.  Seeing the smile on his face as he stood in your room and admired his gift for you made me know one thing is certain, you are already the sparkle in your Daddy's eye. 

Have a wonderful 25th week.  (PS - The Saints have signed some pretty amazing free agents.  You got to be at their second day of practice, and I think you were their good luck charm.  Later that day, they signed Mark Ingram to his rookie contract!)

Love,

Mommy and Daddy

8 comments:

  1. You are SO lucky that you didn't have to drink that orange drink! It's not SO bad, but leave it to a Nola doctor to let you eat donuts - these Ohio doctors can't think outside the box like that! You are in such an exciting part of your pregnancy (I had Will 2 weeks from where you are, but I was a sicky); enjoy it the best you can! Following you, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your glucose test comes out normal! I stressed about mine and it came out ok, thankfully!

    I bet the nursery will be precious! did you see the sale at Zuka Baby on Magazine this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet post :) [Love-love-love that paint color too!]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what a beautiful love letter to Baby A and your hubby. Blessings for a great test result & kudos on the fabulous paint color. That's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color and oh my gosh I loved that orange drink. But doughnuts are a weakness of mine so I would have loved your morning treat! I think you are having a little man. Perhaps, because everyone I know that is expecting this time around are having boys. Either way I am so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the color! Be thankful you didn't have to drink that nasty drink. It is atrocious.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Champlin delivered my son 3 years ago...I loved him and still do now. I love that he really listens and never makes me feel rushed (although I know that there are lots of other women waiting for him!) He was not my doctor for my daughter and I remember being amazed that he told me to eat donuts instead of drink that crazy drink. Best wishes for the remainder of your pregnancy and a smooth delivery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love your blog!!! I've never been to LA but I have dreamed for many years to visit...I have to tell you even if you are not a native to the Big Easy there is something that just calls to me about it. It is not just a place, it is a feeling...I can't wait to visit! Until then I'll keep reading your blog, it is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails