Friday, September 17, 2010

Lots of Little Things All About Me...

I was recently tagged by three lovely ladies!  Here are the questions they each asked...

Mrs. MFC asked...
1. What's your signature color?
It's not very original, but black is my signature, I suppose.  In fact Mark has issued a moratorium on black Banana Republic sweaters.  I can't get enough of them!  There's nothing quite like a LBD!
 

2. What's your most embarrassing moment?
I was the new member advisor for DG, and we were preparing for Initiation.  I was in a black pleated skirt cocktail dress, and filed nicely in a row, were the new members dressed in beautiful white dresses.  We were having Initiation at a home on St. Charles Ave very near the dorms, so it was a bustling area.  I went to reach for a girl's purse when, woops, I fell down the entire set of stairs.  I landed with my head on the ground and my legs on the stairs and my skirt around my waist!  Mortifying!!!

3. Would you ever get anything besides your ears pierced?
I wouldn't.  I don't think I could pull it off.

4. Are you a social butterfly or a homebody?
A social butterfly and a chatterbox, imagine that!
 

5. Do you remain loyal to your hairstylist or do you try every new one in town?
I am loyal!  Amy Smith at Orchid Salon, what will I do without you.  If only I could convince her to move to New Orleans with me next Friday!

6. Are you done having babies, or do you want more?
We haven't started, but we're looking forward to hearing the pitter patter of baby feet...
 

7. If you could plan a vacation with just you and your love, where would it be?
I would love to take the Napa Valley train through the wine country!

8. How many times have you moved in your life?
I'm interpreting this as out of town moves.  I lived in New Orleans my whole life, minus a three week relocation to Houma after Katrina, until we moved to Beaufort, SC four years ago.  We move home one week from today, and I am filled with more emotions than I knew existed.  

1. What is the one place in the world you have never been but have always wanted to go?
Mark and I went to Paris this spring and we loved it.  That trip has made me want to explore the world.  I'd love to do Italy or Spain, but Mark is dying to get to Ireland, so that's where we're headed next!

2. What movie do you watch over and over that always makes you laugh/cry?
Troop Beverly Hills always makes me laugh and Dead Poets Society always makes me cry.


3. Where did you meet your best friend?
This is a tough one because I have had many best friends. I will use the cliche and say that my hubby is my best friend.  You can read all about how we met here, here, and here.  It was at Fat Harry's!

4. Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts?
While these are both fine alternatives, there's nothing like a cafe au lait from Cafe du Monde.  NOTHING!

5. Have you ever had a celebrity run in? If so...share!
I've had a few when I nannied in Aspen; however, my most recent was the star studded visit I had to the White house when the Saints met the President.  I still cannot believe I got to be there!!!

6. What is your favorite part of everyday?
I love waking up in the morning to Beignet excitedly jumping in the bed and Mark standing at the door smiling.

7. Are you a cook, baker, or none of the above..
I would like to consider myself a little of each!  I LOVE to bake, but I am not as patient or precise as I need to be.  And I LOVE to cook.  I find it so relaxing to read a new cookbook and then plan a week's menus.  I love grocery shopping, chopping, and sauteing.  Mmmm!!!

8. Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall?
Fall for certain.  Crisp air, pumpkin patches, football!!!  It is my favorite time of year!
 

1. If you could have any superpower what would you have? Why?
Hmmm...  It would be to fly.  Think of all of the fascinating places you could get to without ever havign to go through a security line!  And no delays to put you  in a grumpy mood!

2. Who is your style icon?
Audrey Hepburn.  She was ladylike and classy with just the right touch of spunkiness.

3. What is your favorite quote?
I don't know if it's my favorite, but it's one I think is right on the money.  By Chris Rose, "Mardi Gras is the love of life. It is the harmonic convergence of our food, our music, our creativity, our eccentricity, our neighborhoods, and our joy of living. All at once."

4. What is the best compliment you've ever received?
On the night we got engaged, Mark asked me to share his life with him.  Is there any better compliment than that?

5. What playlist/cd is your CD player/iPod right now?
I actually use my Ipod more for watching tv.  Currently I am starting to watch The Wire again from the beginning.  It is amazing how truly groudbreaking this show is!

6. Are you a night owl or a morning person?
A night owl.  I love to stay up late and watch old movies or things I have set on the Tivo.  I've been that way since I was little.  My mom and I used to watch black and white movies together after my dad and sister went to bed.  I loved Breakfast at Tiffany's and Barefoot in the Park the best...

7. Do you prefer cats or dogs?
I prefer dogs.  And more specifically, I prefer our dogs Annie and Beignet!

8. What is the meaning behind your blog name?
I consider New Orleans more than where I am from.  New Orleans is who I am.  It's a spirit of resiliency, a joy of life, and an understanding that the important things in life come from the simple things found nowhere else but in the Big Easy. 
 

Play along!  Pick your favorite question and tell me your answer.  I'd love to know a little thing about you!

11 comments:

  1. Babies? You two will make FABULOUS parents one day!!

    Happy Friday Dear! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so fun to read how excited you are to move back to New Orleans. I am so happy for you! I can't believe that you named Dead Poet's Society as one of the movies. I think the cinematograpy in that movie is amazing and you are right, the story line is sad. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with so many of your answers! Your vacation idea of taking a train in Napa is something I have wanted to do for a long time! Ireland is on the top of my list. And I love fall too! So I am excited it is just about here!
    Oh, I love Audrey Hepburn too!
    Have a glorious weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your answers. It's great to get to know a blog friend a little bit more.
    5. What playlist/cd is your CD player/iPod right now?- The new Sarah Bareilles CD. It's GREAT! It's the true definition of what I like to call bop around music.

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading your answers!!! :) And I am VERY excited to visit your hometown of New Orleans next month!!! I can't wait to see your Saints live--in action :) Reading your blog has made me so excited for our upcoming trip! Now if only I could decide on a fabulous Halloween costume!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How interesting to read about you! I think I need to see barefoot in the park...have never seen it! Have a beautiful day!!! Hugs, Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally worship my hair stylist! I shudder at the thought of having to go to anyone else!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you met your hubby at Fat Harry's! I cant even explain the number of hours I spent there after working next door at Copelands. I cant wait to hear all about your new life in NOLA! Good luck with your move!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The best compliment I ever received??? Someone once told me, "You make being a Christian look like fun!"

    Love this post... so cute and sweet and I feel like I know you better. Excited for your move!

    Last night we went out to dinner, and upon getting home, my husband grabbed the clicker to find Monday Night Football. Guess what??? As soon as I saw the Saints, I thought of YOU :) You are the biggest Saints fan I know, other than my son-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fun! The favorite compliment I receive is when I make a quilt for someone else or someone see's one of my quilts and tells me "You are so talented, I want one!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Found your blog by way of following another blog, and; I WILL now follow YOUR blog!!!

    I now live in Atlanta via Hurricane Katrina, BUTT: I grew up at 4319 N. Villere St. between Poland Ave. and Lesseps St. in the 9th Ward.

    WHO DAT!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails