Monday, December 13, 2010

In Good Company


I had the pleasure of spending this weekend with my fellow blogger and dear friend Julie.  You may know her from her adorable blog Brown Eyed Belle.

She took some great pictures that I'm sure she'll be posting shortly!  I'll give you a sneak peak into our weekend.

Julie arrived on Friday and I took on a drive through Uptown so that she could see all of the beautiful and historic homes decorated in their holiday splendor.  We stopped by St. James Cheese Company and were treated to a lovely lesson on variety of cheeses.  We took a few samples home and enjoyed a glass of wine and some cheese and crackers before heading to dinner at Le Petite Grocery.

Saturday, Julie and I took the streetcar down to the French Quarter where we met my sister for beignets at Cafe du Monde.  We strolled around and shopped a bit before meeting up with a few other bloggers for lunch at Stanley.  There were so many magical moments of our French Quarter day, but I'll let Julie fill you in on those.  It was quite special!  Here's a hint...

After a little more shopping down on Magazine Street, Julie, Mark, and I put on our fanciest party attire and attended a fundraiser benefitting the Al Copeland Foundation.  It was quite an amazing party including performances by Rockin' Doopsie with a guest appearance by former Saints great Mike McKenzie.  Julie and I got to meet Mike and talk to him about his best performance as a Saint in last year's win versus the Patriots, our opinions about who is the best dancer on the team (my vote was for Anthony Waters while Mike's was for Marvin Mitchell), our love of New Orleans, and most importantly his foundation, the 34 Ways Foundation.  

Speaking of the Saints, guess what Julie got to see yesterday after brunch at Muriel's?!?!  Her very first Saints game.  What a treat!!!  And with so many scores, we got to dance to Halftime more than a few times!!!!

It was such a wonderful weekend.  I feel so lucky to have had the opportunity to meet Julie in the blogosphere, and now even more lucky to have met her for real!  

14 comments:

  1. So fun! Glad your back home! Love the second line!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like lots of fun!! I definitely want to visit New Orleans some day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like so. much. fun. i'm dying to visit new orleans. hopefully i'll be making a trip for mardi gras 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super Sweet! I am glad that you guys had such a wonderful time together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh fun! Sounds like an awesome weekend. Makes me want to visit New Orleans!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like ya'll had a blast. So jealous- everytime we leave new orleans (we were there for thanksgiving) i wish we were back again. Love that town! Hope your having a great December!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The city was so busy this weekend! It was great to see everyone out and about. I hated to leave!

    We went to the Treme Gumbo Festival and the Jazz and Heritage Center and it was great! Makes me that much more excited for Mardi Gras! Hopefully we will see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah, how fun! I know you ladies had a blast. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that sounds like such a great time!! I can't wait to hear more details and see some pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just chatted with Julie. She is in love with all things Nola and you! SOOOO happy y'all had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore you!! I'm doing a full recap with pictures tomorrow!! And Summer is right, I'm completely smitten :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun weekend! I def need to come and visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fabulous weekend! I knew that it would be nothing short of amazing knowing the two of you! So glad it was so much fun. XO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails