Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays: Christmas Dinner Menu

Can you believe that we are less than two weeks away from Christmas?  Where has 2010 gone?  



This year, we are lucky enough to have my husband's entire family celebrating Christmas with us here in New Orleans.  All in all, we'll be making a meal for 14 guests.  In order to make sure there is enough for everyone, I have decided on an overly big Christmas ham paired with two starches and two vegetables.  I wanted one starch and one vegetable dish to be more traditional, and thus I chose the roasted new potatoes and green beans.  I also wanted to try some fun twists on dishes common to the holiday table.  I thought the smoky hint of spice from pureed chipotle peppers would work nicely in combination with the jalepeno flavor in the glaze for the ham.  And I have come to truly appreciate how tasty spring peas are when sauteed with shallots and a few red chili flakes.  Add some pancetta, and I think we'll be golden.

Here's a look at what we'll be having...


What are you serving this Christmas?

4 comments:

  1. Your dinner ideas sound delish! I'm a new follower and a huge Brown Eyed Belle fan! It's so great that you and Julie were able to spend time together - blog friends are so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Sounds like a great holiday meal! Have fun celebrating w/ A & B (and the rest of Mark's family). Give A a hug for me!

    Our big meal is on Christmas Eve. We have seafood usually. This year we are doing brunch on Christmas Day which will be pretty low key, I think. I can't believe how fast it's coming!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! We did Thanksgiving for 14. I had people bring dishes to cut down on the work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a yummy meal. I can't believe how fast this year has gone.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails