Today, I couldn't be prouder to be a Saints fan. Did you hear that our very own Drew Brees was named Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year? You can see him receiving his amazing honor on this morning's Today Show.
Here in New Orleans we know just how lucky we are to have been sent Drew five years ago to save our franchise. He has given us a sense of hope. He has given us a voice. He has given us a Lombardi Trophy. What more could you ask for?
So in the spirit of the Who Dat Nation, I thought I'd share a recipe for the most delicious treat -
Black and Gold Oreo Truffles.
Recipe courtesy of Bakerella!
1 package oreo cookies (divided… use cookie including the cream center)
1 8oz. package cream cheese (softened)
dark chocolate bark
1. Crush cookies and stir in softened cream cheese. Use the back of a large spoon to help mash the two together.
2. Roll the mixture into 1″ balls and place on wax paper covered cookie sheet.
3. Melt chocolate as directed on the package and then dip balls into chocolate, tap off extra and set aside on wax paper covered cookie sheet to dry.
4. For the gold accent, either place the truffles in gold paper cups or fleck with gold leaf.
5. Once dry, refrigerate and enjoy!
Makes about 36 truffles.
Notes: It helps to freeze the uncoated balls for a few minutes to keep the mixture from starting to fall apart in the melted chocolate. If this becomes a problem, dip them in the chocolate, let dry and then dip again.