Monday, November 23, 2009

Tasty Tuesdays: Cranberry Jello Mold


Here it is, the last installment of recipes from my Thanksgiving menu. This recipe is a staple on our holiday menu, and it has been for as long as I can remember. It is one of those dishes that we only make during the holidays so every year it feels comforting and special. It's one of those dishes that you attach memories to, and isn't that the whole point of the holidays. It is so simple to make, and is very easy to make ahead. I hope that it brings a little something special to your holiday table as it always has to mine.


Cranberry Jello Mold


  • 1 1/2 cups boiling water

  • 2 packages cherry jello

  • 1 can whole berry cranberry

  • 1 cup chopped pecans

  • one can Mandarin oranges

Stir jello into boiling water and stir until dissolved. Stir in cranberry until fully incorporated. Pour into jello mold or decorative bowl. Refrigerate for one to two hours. When set enough so that oranges and jello will not sink to the bottom, stir in oranges and pecans. Refrigerate and let set overnight. Done!


I have very much enjoyed sharing some of my favorite Thanksgiving recipes with all of you. I love the holiday season and the joy it brings. I find more than any other time of year, we gather as friends and family to celebrate. There is really nothing better in life than breaking bread with your nearest and dearest. My hope for all of you this holiday season is that you find yourself surrounded by the warmth of those you love.


Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you! Give Alissa & B hugs from me! You are going to have such a blast. Can't wait to hear all about it!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails