Wednesday, July 6, 2011

21 Weeks: Here and There and Everywhere


Dear Baby A,

You are 21 weeks today!  Your daddy and I were talking about what a milestone that is.  We are now more than halfway there and closer to meeting you than ever.  The time goes so fast, and while I am very excited to get to see your tiny little face, I am trying to appreciate every moment we have together - just you and me.

This weekend, you traveled to South Dakota and celebrated your first 4th of July with Daddy's mommy and all of your aunts and uncles.  Everyone loves you so much already, especially Uncle Barnaby who has accepted our request that he be your Godfather.  Did you know that mommy knew Uncle Barnaby way before she met daddy?!  He's an accountant just like me.  Isn't that funny, Baby A.  One day, you can read all about how Mommy and Daddy met, HERE

It was about ten years ago that Mommy boarded a plane headed to North Dakota to visit Daddy and see where he grew up.  It was the first time Mommy had ever been that far north!  I didn't know on that trip that I would return to the Dakotas ten years later married to Daddy and with you on the way.  What I did know then was that your daddy was very special, and he was someone I wanted to travel the world with. 

And Baby A, one of my greatest hopes for you is that you too get to travel the world and see all of the beautiful things it has to offer you.  I want for you to see the majesty of Aspen when its mountains are covered in snow.  I want you to wonder at the hustle and bustle of Manhattan.  To ride a carriage through Central Park and walk the Brooklyn Bridge and have breakfast at Tiffany's.  I want you to see the crookedest street in San Francisco and the beaches of San Diego.  I want you to smell the blooms of the bouquets that abundantly line the markets in Seattle and pick wild flowers in Portland.  I want you to taste Ropa Vieja in Miami and build sand castles in Destin.  I want you see where Democracy lives in DC - visit the Capital and the White House.  Learn about justice and freedom.  I want you to sail in the Meditteranean and hear the sound of an accordian playing in the streets of Paris. 

Baby A, I want for you to see that the world has no boundaries.  I want you to learn that we are all connected in one way or another.  I hope that by seeing the world, you find a bit of yourself in each place you visit and each person you meet, and in doing so, that you gain the understaning that it is not our similarities that make us beautiful but our differences. 

Have a wonderful 21st week!

Love Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

  1. I really want to go to South Dakota! Baby A beat me! Sounds like it was wonderful though - Happy belated 4th :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I randomly found your blog and was so excited b/c I am in NOLA, too - and I rarely find bloggers from Louisiana :)

    Congrats on your pregnancy! We got our bedding at Pippen Lane, too! Look forward to following along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet post! I'm so happy for y'all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails