Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New York Family Weekend: By Day and By Night

We spent the weekend in New York City! There was a moment a few weeks ago when I thought that I should stay home and let Mark and Jane go.  I am a bit swamped at work and thought it would give me a little space and time to work overtime.  I am SOOOOO glad that I went.  It was just the break I needed.  We spent such amazing family time together this weekend.  We certainly experienced the two sides of NYC, the day and the night!!

We had lunch at Pier i Cafe which overlooks the Hudson.  It was the very best lunch spot for a large group that included several kids.  You order at the counter and the foods is ready pretty quickly.  It's easy, but the menu is also fairly sophisticated.  Jane munched on french fries and an all beef hot dog while Mark and I delighted in a lobster roll.  The view was spectacular and there was a wonderful playground just a few feet away where the kids could escape to if they needed a little escape from the table. 

We walked through Washington Square Park and stopped to look at the fountain.  Jane loved feeling the water sprinkle in her hair!  She would shout "rain!!" at the top of her lungs.  The sun was hitting the sprays of the fountain in such a way as to create the most beautiful rainbow.  Jane couldn't get enough of it!

As is our family tradition now, we spend the mornings swinging in Tompkins Square Park.  I think Jane will grow up thinking that NYC is the place where you go to swing everyday!

Mark, Jane, and I had the tastiest lunch at Blue Ribbon Bakery.  I had the egg salad sandwich and Mark had the burger, but the best order of all came by way of Jane.  We ordered her a grilled cheese sandwich and it took all of our restraint not to eat it for her!!


As many fun memories as we made during our days there, we also found time to spend with my brothers and sisters in law.  We had a fabulous meal at Lafayette on Friday night followed the next evening by one at Empellon Cocina.   That was also where I discovered I actually like tequila! I had the pineapple and cilantro margarita and found it to be the tastiest cocktail I have had in a long time!

3 comments:

  1. IT looks like a fun weekend. I can't believe how big Jane is getting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great getaway! Jane is so lucky that she gets to jet off to NYC several times a year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely pictures and what an adorable girl :)


    www.vindiebaby.com
    Fun and quirky clothes for your little one

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails