Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Orzo Salad with Feta, Pignolis (Pine Nuts), and Yellow Peppers

If you're like me, you're always searching for great recipes that will feed a crowd.   Whether it is a poolside picnic or a Fourth of July BBQ, summer if full of potluck opportunities!  I saw this orzo salad and immediately thought it would be the perfect dish to try the next time I need a crowd pleaser.

Orzo Salad with Feta, Pignolis, & Yellow Peppers
(Serves 20)
1 box (1 lb.) orzo
1 cup olive oil
1/2 chopped, fresh tarragon
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 lb. snow peas, trimmed and blanched
3 scallions, chopped
1 yellow pepper, seeded and chopped
1 English cucumber, chopped
1 carton sliced mushrooms
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1/2 cup toasted pignolis (pine nuts)
Prepare orzo according to package directions. Rinse in cold water; drain well.
In medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, tarragon, vinegar, and garlic.
In a large bowl, combine orzo, snow peas, scallions, yellow pepper, cucumber, feta cheese, and pignolis. Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Season salt and pepper.

What's your go to potluck dish?

8 comments:

  1. I usually bring this black bean & corn pico de galleo style salsa - which is actually a recipe I got from Alissa! It's easy and is usually a crowd pleaser.

    That Napa Cabbage salad I made for work last Friday turned out really good, though, so I think that might be my new favorite thing to bring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! That looks delicious!!! I usually always bring cupcakes to parties! Hahaha. If I chose to make a meal, I always like to try different exciting things and never make the same thing twice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmmm, looks like a perfect summer salad! I love pine nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the ingredients I like. I will have to print this out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Serves 20, wow, I'm lovin it, right up The Captain's alley!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot WAIT to make this!!And I just ate dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay again with the feta...love it! I enjoy making a summer salad with strawberries, grapes, feta (of course), glazed walnuts, and butter lettuce with a ginger pear dressing. So delish and so light!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails