Monday, October 31, 2011

Weeks 36 and 37 - Traditions

Dear Baby A,

Can you believe you will be here in just a few weeks?!?!  You are going to be arriving just in time for the holidays - Mommy's very favorite time of year.  We have been talking a lot about our plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and it has led to many chats about what traditions we have and what traditions we hope to start with you.

You are being born into a family that has a strong sense of tradition.  In fact, just the other day, my mommy shared one of her family's traditions with us.  In her family, the first harvest of the season was tasted by any expecting mothers that year.  My mom and dad saved the first satsuma from their fall crop for me, and after I had the first taste, we all shared in the delicious fruit.  It was such a special tradition to get to experience, and it made me even more excited about continuing and creating traditions with you.

The new tradition Mommy and Daddy have decided to start this Christmas ties into one of my favorite family traditions that has lasted for as long as I can remember.  Each Christmas Eve, my Daddy reads The Polar Express to us, and each and every Christmas it is as beautiful as the first time he read it.  It is truly my favorite moment of the entire holiday season.  We thought that to make that tradition something we could share with you, each Christmas Eve, we will gift to you a silver sleigh bell.  I hope that each year, you will treasure hearing the retelling of the Polar Express and that each year the sound of the silver sleigh bell will provide you with a wonderful sense of love and warmth and holiday cheer.


We truly cannot wait to meet you and hold you and start a lifetime of traditions with you.  It brings us such incredible joy to know that your arrival is just around the corner.  And just in time to give thanks and share the blessings of the holiday season.  I couldn't think of a more perfect gift!

We love you to pieces!!

Mommy and Daddy

3 comments:

  1. I am so excited for you and I can't wait to hear the news!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love the first harvest tradition. I've never heard of that before, but it's a lovely one to pass down. And Polar Express is still one of my fave Christmas reads as well. Collecting silver bells each year is such a great idea. Can't wait to hear all about your little one when Baby A arrives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful tradition!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails