Monday, June 24, 2013

Girls Night In...

It is very rare that I have an evening to myself, but tonight is one of those nights.  I used to hate having the house to myself, but that has changed since having Jane. 

Don't get me wrong, I love the pitter patters, the giggles, and even the cries.  But, every once in a while, Momma needs a few hours to sip some wine, eat some dinner, and watch guilty pleasure tv.

Tonight, Jane asked to go "nite-nite"right after she ate dinner.  I couldn't believe my ears!  Poor thing must have had way too much fun at camp today.  Since she was going to be going down early, I encouraged Mark to go catch a showing of Superman. 

So what have I been up to?!

I made this amazing dish from Cooking Light...  Pasta with Broccoli Rabe, Bacon, and Chickpeas

Then I have been watching tonight's episode of The Bachelorette.  Such juicy gossip!!!  

Observations: Just when I felt bad for Ben, he laughed like a psycho in the limo.  Michael is a total dbag.   But, I bet he's a heckuva prosecutor.  Chris is adorable!


Are you watching?  Who are you pulling for?

What's your favorite alone time activity?


2 comments:

  1. Drinking wine, eating cheese and watching BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooh I love this. My perfect Me Night: picking up some ridiculous meal on the way home from work (something that wouldn’t fall in the “family meal” category but satisfies my individual craving), changing into my most comfortable clothes and watching an hour or so of On-Demand bests like Flea Market Flip. Next I’d walk to our nearest coffee shop for some decaf and dessert, making a phone call on the way to a friend I’m eager to catch up with. Finally I’d take a hot bath or shower before the hubby came home with baby girl. A ponytail is also a definite must in this scenario ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails