Friday, June 7, 2013

Hello from Aspen, CO

Well hello!!  I am writing to you from the foot of Ajax Mountain.  When we left New Orleans temperatures were reaching the very high eighties and the humidity was ridiculously high.  that fact makes this trip even more of a vacation than it otherwise would have been.
 
I have such fond memories of this place.  I nannied for an amazing family who had a house here.  It was here that I first saw snow, that I first put on a pair of skies, that I first understood John Denver.  There is nothing more beautiful than Aspen in the winter other than Aspen in the summer. 
 
 
There is so much to do.  We have gone on a few hikes.  Today we plan to go to Maroon Bells to explore these two beautiful peaks. 
 
Here are a few shots of our trip so far.  Please take note that we found Jane the perfect fedora and she loves it!  That's my girl!!
 
 
 




 
 

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your vacation! It looks beautiful and Miss Jane is so cute! Love her hat! I wish Elle would wear one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure looks like y'all are having a blast.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails