Tonight is my fantasy football draft. I am soooo excited!!! It means that not only is the fantasy season underway, but that football season is finally here! Soon enough Saturdays and Sundays will be spent celebrating your favorite teams with family and friends. I don't know about you, but I am running out of go-to finger food recipes.
I made this dish for dinner Sunday night, and it was DELISH!!! It really was perhaps the best Cooking Light recipe I've tried this year. The meatballs were plump and juicy and incredibly flavorful (and that was the case even though they were eggless because I forgot to get eggs at the store). The noodles were a great side filled with the fresh taste of peppers and snow peas. For a little extra flavor, I added grated ginger and soy sauce. What a great combination!
These would be such a tasty addition to your next pigskin party. I plan to make them and serve them with a ginger/sesame/soy dipping sauce. Any suggestions or recipes for a sauce like this??
So are you ready for some football???
Gingery Pork Meatballs with Noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean ground pork
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces uncooked wide rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper strips
- 1 cup julienne-cut snow peas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1. Place a foil-lined jelly-roll pan in oven. Preheat oven to 450°.
2. Combine first 8 ingredients in a large bowl; stir gently just until blended. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Divide pork mixture into 20 equal portions; shape each portion into a meatball. Arrange meatballs in a single layer on preheated pan. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until done.
3. Cook noodles according to package directions; drain. Rinse noodles under cool water; drain. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, peas, salt, and crushed red pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add noodles; toss. Place 1 3/4 cups noodle mixture on each of 4 plates; top each serving with 5 meatballs. Sprinkle each serving with 2 tablespoons green onions.