Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras 2012 Comes to an End

I am sitting here, as I do every year on the evening of Fat Tuesday, watching the Rex ball.  In my opinion it is the perfect ending to a perfect holiday.  I love listening to the Marine Corps Band usher in the debutantes in their beautiful white gowns.  It is all so elegant and regal and steeped in tradition.

Speaking of traditions, this was a Mardi Gras spent celebrating old and start new traditions.  Here's some pictures from the weekend.

My fellow Muse, Amy, and me taking a pedicab from our Galatoire's luncheon to the Muses pre-party

My co-workers and me at the pre-party (Will Farrell made a guest appearance to introduce Patricia Clarkson as our honorary every-Muse)

A picture of my float riding down the Avenue

Mark and his fellow riders during their marching parade through the French Quarter

Jane and me on the parade route Sunday

My fabulous friends who came in town to meet Jane and enjoy their first Mardi Gras

Daddy and Jane on Mardi Gras Day!

The girls on the parade route

I have loved Mardi Gras for as long as I could remember.  During Mardi Gras, you are never too old to play pretend.  You put on your best costume and become a new character for a day.  There is a youthful innocence about the holiday that turns everyone into better version of themselves.  To see this holiday through Jane's eyes was amazing.  I feel so lucky to have one more reason to love Carnival season!

2 comments:

  1. I made it down for my first one this year. I had a blast. I hate I was a day late for Muses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catching up on your blog. It was a really fun weekend. Thank you for being the most gracious hostess!!! I can't get enough of baby Jane.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails