Thursday, December 17, 2009

The Most Beautiful Story Ever Told


For those of you whose only connection to New Orleans comes from this blog, I often wonder if you think I am the exception or the rule in my undying passion for the place I call home. In truth, in every New Orleanian is a love of their city so deep it cannot be expressed in words.  I have tried to convey my affection for it through many posts on this blog, but I have never been able to do the city or her people justice.

Below is the link to truly one of the most beautiful articles I have ever read.  It is more a love letter to New Orleans than it is anything else.  It is not short, but it is truly remarkable.  New Orleans is so much a part of who I am that I find it difficult to separate where the city ends and I begin.  Reading this article was like looking at myself in the mirror.  I hope you will enjoy it and that it will give you a look into who I am and where I come from. 

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?page=hotread14/Saints

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails