Saturday, March 27, 2010

Socialite Saturday!!!


Hi yall!  I hope you are having a great start to your weekend!  I'm here at work reviewing tax returns, but I had to stop for a minute to post how excited I was to wake up this morning to a sweet comment and fabulous Preppy Mofia prize from one of my favorite bloggers, Shopaholic in Alabama!  I will admit I have seen this fun Socialite post on a few blogs, and I had my fingers crossed that I'd get a turn at answering the ten questions that come along with the crown of Saturday Socialite.

The rules-
Click on the above button and paste onto your blog/website
Answer the below questions
Pass onto 10 bloggers that you Love, go to their blog and let them know they've been tagged

1. Who is your style icon? Without a doubt Audrey Hepburn.  Perfectly stylish, classy, and socially responsible.  What a lady!

2. What is your favorite socialite lit book? I have to say I really liked Bergdorf Blondes, but from what I've read recently, I must get my hands on Social Climbers and The Devil in the Junior League.
3. Favorite party theme? Do I have to choose?  I am dying to have a Mad Men party!!!  But I think a glamorous SATC II martini premiere party would be fabulous.
4. Go to Halloween costume? Hmmm.   I prefer the subtle Halloween costume.  Something humorous over sexy.  This year I wore a blue dress and devil horns and was "Devil with a Blue Dress On."
5. Extravagance you cannot live without? Designer Handbags.  I love them.  I really really do.  So much so that when we evacuated for Katrina, they were the only things (other than our wedding albums) we took.  Good thing too!  My favorite of all is my Fendi Chef bag.  Mmmmm.  It's heaven.

6. Living person you admire? Well, there are many, but I truly admire my sister.  She is a pastry chef and a darn good one.  She has followed her own path in life and does what she truly loves.  I'm not sure I'm that adventurous, but I wish I was.  She is making her dreams come true.
7. Greatest Fear? I am trying to be less afraid of things since there really is no point in it, but I am very afraid of being bitten by a brown recluse spider. 

8. Trait you deplore in yourself? I am a grudge holder.  Ooooh - it's bad.  And I'm a terrible sport. 

9. Which talent would you most like to have?   There are so many, but I would love to be able to decorate cookies that look as beautiful as they do in a Williams Sonoma catalogue.  I mean seriously, whose cookies look that pretty? 
10. Greatest Achievement? Does it count as my achievement that the Saints won the Superbowl???  No?  I guess I'll go with passing the CPA exam on the first try.  That thing was a nightmare!  I studied flashcards at redlights!   Seriously.  But when I got my scores back, I felt like I could conquer the world!

As for tagging ten great blogs - I'm going to save that for another day and hope you all crown yourselves a Saturday Socialite!

3 comments:

  1. Such a pretty image of Audrey! Answer to Q#9 is pretttty funny!! I couldn't agree more: who's cookies look like that?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Does it count as my achievement that the Saints won the Superbowl???"
    IT TOTALLY DOES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute answers Jen! Saints winning the Super Bowl TOTALLY counts. Wear that crown well as I know you will! XOX Hope you're feeling lots better sweetie.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails