Sunday, January 23, 2011

One year ago today

One year ago today, we waited with bated breath as the Saints took the NFC Championship game into overtime.  We waited as almost each and every play of that overtime drive was reviewed for accuracy.  We waited as Garrett Hartley took the field to attempt the most important kick in team history.  And we watched in awe as the football sailed through the uprights sending our New Orleans Saints to its first ever Superbowl.  

The joyous celebration in our section no. 631 was truly one of the most memorable moments of my life.  We were able to catch some of the excited on film...


Watching all of the coverage of the championship games this morning makes me very sentimental.  I would love to relive last season over again.  I imagine that with Drew Brees as our quarterback, we will have more opportunities to challenge for the NFC title and take the incredible trip that is the road to the Superbowl.  But the more I think about it, the more I realize that there will never be a season as special as last year's.  It was truly magical.  It was dreamlike.  It was destiny.

2 comments:

  1. We've been thinking so much of you all this week! Crazy year that was!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, I remember it too. However, I remember all the Favre interceptions and the too many men on the field call at the end of the game. Grr...

    It was a great time to be a Saints fan, though! Fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails