Friday, May 29, 2009

Fridays Five Favorite Things - Ice Cream Flavors



Can you really pick just one? I can't. It depends on my mood and who makes it, but no matter the flavor ice cream is always a favorite of mine...

  1. Ben and Jerry's chocolate chip cookie dough: Mmmmmm... I must have been about ten when my mom and dad came home with a "surprise." We didn't have a lot of junk food in my house growing up, so when we did, it was always so exciting. I remember my parents opening the grocery bag and handing us our very own B&J's carton. I had never had Ben and Jerry's before, nor had I had chocolate chip cookie dough in my ice cream. I was in heaven. I truly think this is my favorite ice cream of all time.


  2. Creole Cream Cheese - I don't know that you can find this outside of New Orleans, but if you ever see it - GET IT! It is so rich and so decadent. I love the slightly sour flavor of the Creole Cream Cheese. I bet with a few blueberries and some graham crackers mixed in, it would be even better!


  3. Creole Creamery's Apple Pie A La Mode - I think apple pie is one of the best comfort foods around, but I have to say I'm not too keen on the "a la mode" part. Something about how the ice creams melts all over the pie ruins it for me. Well, the easy solution to this is to put the pie into the ice cream instead of the other way around. Mmmmm... What a brilliant idea!


  4. Chocolate Peanut Butter - I have to admit when I was little I didn't like chocolate. Not in anything. I used to pick around it in chocolate chip cookies (kind of defeats the purpose, I know). Of all things chocolate, I especially didn't like chocolate ice cream. My dad's favorite was always Baskin Robbins' chocolate peanut butter. I don't know why, but one day I tried it. I've never regretted it, nor have I looked back. I think the saltiness of the peanut butter is just what you need to cut the sweetness of the chocolate. As much as I love this treat, I imagine I'd be at least five pounds thinner had I never known how yummy chocolate could be, especially when mixed with peanut butter.


  5. My sister's ice cream (any flavor will do) - At the steakhouse, my sister does a few daily ice cream specials. They are made daily with whatever are the freshest ingredients that they have. For example, last summer they got a few extra flats of blueberries, so the ice cream of the day was blueberry cheesecake. Mmmmmmmm... When we're in town, we make a point of stopping by the restaurant and I love to end the meal with a big scoop of whatever ice cream they have that day. Last time we were there, it was Bailey's Irish Cream ice cream. Fab! Honestly, my very favorite is the vanilla bean. There's something about the simplicity of homemade vanilla bean ice cream that makes it the perfect finish to a wonderful meal. The absolute best part of ordering ice cream at Dickie Brennan's is that Stephanie serves it in these little edible bowls. They are divine. It's like they took creme brulee and made it into a cookie and then served it with vanilla ice cream. So delish!


Gosh, now I really don't want my boca burger on a 100 calorie roll for lunch. If only the ice cream man delivered to my office...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails