Thursday, May 7, 2009

Something Fishy's Going On


So. I'm making a seafood dinner Saturday and I had to plan ahead and get some things picked up from the grocery and ordered at the Seafood market. I hadn't been into a seafood market in a while, and in fact, I've never been to the one in Beaufort. I forgot how great they are. Unlike the grocery store, you have so much interaction with the people who are helping you create a great meal. I chatted with the guy for a while about what fish could withstand the heat from a cast iron skillet and which one would have a sweet flavor that would compliment the sauce. He was so friendly and so knowledgeable. Don't you love it when you meet someone who takes so much pride in what they do and in the product they sell.


He looked over my recipe to make sure he knew exactly what I was after. Unfortunately, the redfish would have bankrupted our little family. He suggested we go with tilapia because it was fresh, in stock, and already filleted. I was a little sad, because it just didn't seem exoctic and interesting. The recipe calls for catfish, but I think catfish can be risky. Sometimes it has that real muddy taste. For what we need, the tilapia will do. Maybe next time I'll be a little more adventurous.


Here's the menu:

Cast Iron Skillet Barbeque Shrimp

Spinach Salad with Spiced Pecans
Tabasco Pepper Jelly Vinaigrette

Pecan Crusted Gulffish
Creole Meuniere Sauce
Spiced Pecan Popcorn Rice

Lemon Pie with a Raspberry Coulis
Vanilla Whipped Cream


Eek! I get overwhelmed thinking about it.


All the recipes come from the Mr. B's Bistro cookbook. I have a feeling nothing will compare to actually eating there, but I'm going to give it a go.


Mmmmmm... Now I'm hungry

1 comment:

  1. That is really making me hungry...especially since I didn't eat any supper tonight...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails