Thursday, May 7, 2009

Lights, Camera, Action...


Ahhhhh!! That is the sound of me shouting in excitement. About six weeks ago my sister, the pastry chef at Dickie Brennan's Steakhouse, was asked to interview for a spot on a Food Network reality competition based on New Orleans. Her teammate would be the restaurant's sous chef Alfred. So they went for a screen test and read for the camera and interviewed with a few producers from the network. They thought they'd be hearing back in late April, and without word, we had assumed they hadn't been chosen.


But.......... Today they both got a call at the restaurant and were asked to be the participants! They will begin filming next week! She seems a bit nervous. Unlike me, who I will admit loves to be the center of attention, Stephanie shys away from the spotlight. Well, not any more! A star is born.


We are just so proud of all the hard work she has put into this budding career. They would have been crazy to choose anyone else. Maybe we'll open that bakery after all. I decided last night that I think it should be called "Sweetie Pie."


I'll post more when we know the details!!!


1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails