Thursday, September 24, 2009

Trendy Wednesday - Cameos

When I was a little girl, one of my favorite past times was looking through my mom's jewelry box. There were all of these amazing treasures in there that seemed so grown up. She had her high school ring, which would eventually be worn by my sister, and all of her class pins that she had gotten at Mount Carmel. I remember thinking that one day when I was a big girl, I would have Mt. Carmel jewelry too. And she had these beautiful thin gold bangles that made the best clinking sounds when they slid up and down my wrists. But there is one piece that I always found so intriguing - a Cameo. I always thought it was so old-fashioned. It seemed like something that Samantha from American Girls would wear. Seeing as she was my favorite American Girl, I loved this piece.
Imagine my excitement seeing the return of the cameo. I think the femininity of a cameo works so well against the stiffness of a leather jacket. This look of the leather jacket over the print dress would be the perfect outfit for the cameo ring I spotted at Nordstrom.




This pin is perhaps my favorite accessory this fall. And at only $38, I think you can add a touch of class and sophistication that looks much more expensive than the price. I would pin this on a black turtleneck or on the lapel of a velvet blazer. It is simple, but it is timeless.



And just imagine how excited your little one will be when she discovers these items tucked in your jewelry box! Heaven!
PS - I finally figured out how to add a link. It's a blog milestone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails