Thursday, September 10, 2009

Trendy Wednesday - The Party Dress


I am attending what should be a spectacular fundraiser for a charity (The Al Copeland Foundation) that one of my best buddies started to honor her dad. The event is called High Speed Fashion and is presented by Saks. Well, what is a girl to wear to a fancy fashion show? That is the question that kept rolling through my mind all weekend. I mean, I LOVE fashion, but am I fashionable enough for this party?? I tried on a million outfits and nothing seemed fitting for such a glamorous night. I wanted to wear the perfect little party dress! I just didn't have the right thing in my closet. I wanted something SPECIAL - something that said "this girl knows a thing or two about fashion." So, off to BCBG, which in my opinion does a magnificent job of creating the "it" dress each season. There were so many choices, but one really stuck out. It was as though Max Azria crafted it for just such a night as the one I'll be having Saturday. It is super fun and flirty, but demure and classy as well. Not an easy combination to pull off. And it's anything but the typical LBD! That's what I love about this season's cocktail dresses. Goodbye little black dress, hello winter white mini! I love the floral applique detail, and the touch of black ribbon at the waste feels so Chanel. Imagine this paired with my favorite 4 1/2 inch black satin LAMB pumps. Gorgeous. Aren't party dresses just the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails