Monday, May 17, 2010

Wedding Weekend Recap

Well hello!  It has been a looooong day.  We got up bright and early today to catch our flight back to SC.    Our weekend was well worth all of the yawns this morning though.  We had the most wonderful time in New Orleans with my family at my friend's wedding.  

The wedding was at St. Mary's Italian in the French Quarter

It is such a beautiful church and perfect for a good New Orleans Italian bride.

I thought this was a cute one of Mark waiting for the ceremony to begin.

The happy couple!

My parents and my sister looking adorable...

Hmmmm...  My dance moves were in rare form Saturday night!

Told ya!

Mark and me at the bride and groom's brunch on Sunday

Getting ready for our first crawfish of the season - Abita beer, potatoes, corn, sausage, garlic - all the fixins.

Now that is a meal!

It's hard to believe but the next time we head back will be for the first Saints home game of the season where the Superbowl Champions banner will be dropped.  And three weeks after that visit we'll be moving home for good.  I just can't believe that...

10 comments:

  1. Looks like y'all had a blast! Love your necklace! I've got the same one, that I got like a year ago, and have yet to wear it. It looks great with what you have on. Yum, crawfish! I love 'em! We'll be having our first of the season in two weeks. Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving your dance moves!!!! And no more talk about moving...not yet at least! It has really started to hit me lately that we are moving -- I have been a bit of a basket case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know they say New Orleans is the biggest small town...I've know Beth and her brother since high school (and she's my vet now) and John is my very good friend's brother-in-law. What a small world!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Jen it looks like y'all had a wonderful time!! You looked so pretty!! I love that green necklace :) What a beautiful church to get married in, so lovely! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. you were groooovin girl! we are jealous of the crawfish! YUMM! Hubs misses them up here Did you get to have any of the Abita Strawberry beer? I didn't get any this year but love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a fun weekend!
    Btw, I love your statement necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like such a fun weekend. I love the necklace you wore to the wedding. I have never had crawfish but it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love the green and gold necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This post just made me soooo homesick!!! It looks like you had a blast!! Wishing I had some of that crawfish and Abita =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that green necklace! HOT!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails