Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Eeek!! Big Blog News! Spread the Word!

Tomorrow, this Nola Girl will feature another Nola Girl's, Amanda LeBlanc from The Style Network's The Amandas, success story.  I will be chatting with Amanda this afternoon, and  I can't wait to hear more about her career and her new hit tv show (and, of course, her experience working with Atlanta Housewife, Nene Leakes).  And Lord knows I could use some organizational tips too!!  You should see my closet right now...  Clutter, clutter everywhere!

I must say, I am so inspired by young women who have followed their dreams and experienced success like Amanda.  It is never by accident.  It is always through hard work, determination, creativity, leadership, and vision.  Sometimes on extra hard days, when I need a little boost, I see success stories like hers as a reminder that my professional dreams can come true too!

It wouldn't be Tuesday without a recipe.  Here's one that I'm going to make this Friday to bring to work on Saturday.  Easter is often lost on CPAs, so I thought I'd bring a little Easter cheer with me to the office.  These birds nests are just too cute.  And who could resist the combination of peanut butter and chocolate covered chow mein noodles?!?!

CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER NESTS

1 (12 oz.) pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 (12 oz.) pkg. peanut butter chips
2 (5 oz.) cans chow mein noodles
3/4 c. peanuts
Chocolate Eggs

Melt chocolate and peanut butter chips in a heavy saucepan over low heat and quickly stir in noodles and peanuts to coat evenly. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto waxed paper. Top with three eggs.  Refrigerate. Makes 30.

Trying to get organized?  What you like to learn from Amanda? 

6 comments:

  1. I guess I'm not watching enough tv, because I'm unfamiliar with Amanda Le Blanc. But you have my undivided attention when it comes to celebrating smart, successful, accomplished women. Can't wait to read your interview with her!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I worked in your office - ha! Those look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her and her show!! I need help with kid clutter. I have a 5 year old girl and a 1 year old boy. My house is not large enough for a playroom just for them so I have to fit all of there stuff in our living room and their rooms. Need creative ideas on how to store toys and school work. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh very cool article coming up, i'll be on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those nests are adorns! Def want to try them out!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails