Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jane's Pink and White Baptism Reception

I have been meaning to share pictures of Jane's Baptism for weeks now.  Jane was baptized at Holy Name of Jesus Church on February 12, 2012.  It was such an incredibly special day for us.  After the Baptism, we held a very small reception for family and a few close friends at our house.  We felt so incredibly lucky to be surrounded by the people we love as we welcomed Jane into our spiritual world.  It was especially meaningful to do so at the very church where Mark and I got married on the very college campus where we met.  It was truly one of those days where you see your life coming full circle.  

Here are some pics from the big day...
Our Sweet Baby Jane

Jane with her Daddy and Mommy and her Godparents

Jane in her very fancy (and absolutely beautiful) Christening gown that was worn by her Great Grandmother.  

The Beverage Display
I used the Martha Stewart large pink poms and the small white pom garland.  I found some great pink and white paper straws on Etsy that matched the pink and white napkins we found at Party City.

Our Buffet Table
The morning of the Christening, I went to Whole Foods and raided their pink and white flower selection.  For the centerpiece I used two mixed bouquets of lilies and stock.  I filled two small Juliska glasses with petite pink roses and babies breath.  

We hung the pink and white poms from the chandelier which added a little height and dimension to the room.

I made a flag banner that says "God Bless Jane" from scrapbook paper found at Michael's.

Our silverware, plates, and napkins tied in with the color scheme.

The Dessert Display
My sister made cupcakes and a lovely cake just for Jane.  I found the cutest cupcake liners and pink decorative pearls at Michaels.  I also took two of the pink poms and stacked them on crystal candlestick holders to add a little flare to the table.

Jane's cake

How has it already been two and a half months since this special day?  It feels like just yesterday.  Time is flying by!

7 comments:

  1. Very pretty and how special that Jane was baptized in great grandmother's dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day! I love all the pink and white! I am glad she had a special day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful baptism gown and I love all your decorations. The cake is great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful day! I love all the details.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful day! And so special she wore a family gown

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful day. I love all of the party details, and how special is it that baby Jane was able to wear her great grandmas outfit. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless Jane indeed. I know I say this every time, but my goodness she is such a beautiful baby! How wonderful that she wore her great-grandmother's gorgeous christening gown. And I love that pretty cake your sister made. A wonderful day of tradition, blessings & love. May her life be filled with days like that and guided by our Heavenly Father.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails