Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Don't Rain on My Parade

Mother Nature has not been kind to the Krewe of Muses in recent years.  The first time I saw the parade roll, I remember standing in puddles and being drenched in rain and thinking "those poor ladies."  Two years ago, we were postponed from Thursday to Friday night because of rain and high winds.  Well readers, all I can say is it's not looking good.  I am trying not to break down into a mess of tears because I realize that while you can plan for many things, weather is not one of them.  And yes, I know that in the grander scheme of life, our silly parade is not on the world's most important things list.  But in my little world, it is something so important to me that I cannot explain how sad I will be if we aren't able to ride. 

The forecast for tomorrow night is very cold with heavy rain and possibilities of sleet.  I can't imagine that they will make us ride in sleet.  Ouch!   Hopefully, if it looks too bad, they will add us to the Friday night line-up again.  We won't know until sometime mid-day tomorrow, and I will update you on what the Krewe Captain decides for us. 

For now, if you could say a prayer for us, throw us some positive energy, and do your very best rain dance, I'd appreciate that so much.

With a hopeful heart,

Nola Girl

10 comments:

  1. Oh brutal! That's terrible, I hope it clears up. Although I'm more than a little envious of you for having rain, here it's inhumanely cold!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep hearing the sleet is going to be North shore only though. But I guess if it's raining too much, that's not good either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the parade doesn't get rained on, that would be a bummer! I was at Mardi Gras last year. It was my first time! I had so much fun! Since then I have been madly in love with New Orleans! I'm praying for no rain!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your blog layout :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope the rain is staying away. I'm supposed to celebrate Valentine's tomorrow at Disney with my bf and we may have to cancel because it's supposed to rain. We better both do our rain dances!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, that is not good! Hope it gets better soon friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! I have left you a little something over at my place if you get a little time. Hope your having a great day! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope it didn't rain on your parade! A friend of mine actually caught a shoe at your parade-she was so excited! Happy Mardi Gras Day!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails