Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Trendy Wednesday - Platform Pumps

      Until about a year ago, there would barely have been a moment when you would have seen me in anything but a fabulous pair of pumps.  And I don't mean sweet little kitten heels, either.  I'm talking three and a half inch, head-turning pumps.  While I'm sure years of dancing until the wee hours of the morning and walking around downtown New Orleans to and from my office in heels ruined my feet, I feel like in the matter of just one minute I could no longer wear them every single day.  My feet began cramping so badly at night that I was waking up in pain.  At first, I ignored it, but I have now succumbed to the fact that while I can wear them to work every other day or so, I just can't spend hours at a time standing in heels.
      However, for just the right occasion, I will go out on a limb and slip into my grandest pair of pumps.  They are the crowned jewel of my closet!  I found these lovely L.A.M.B platform pumps at the Saks outlet here when they were 50% off, and I had a 30% off coupon.  What a steal!!!  They are not flashy, but they are simple and classic and sassy in their own way!  I have been resting my feet for days now to get them ready to wear these lovely ladies to the Beaufort Memorial Hospital fundraiser, the Valentine's Ball.  Aren't they pretty?!?!?!

Here are some others that I am wishing I could wear...

These Dolce Vita grey studded pumps are H-O-T, hot!

I LOVE these Luxury Rebel Mary Janes.  Aren't they such a fun take on a classic shoe?


I have had my eye on these Colin Stuart Stitched Pumps for a while!  They are a great find for a great price!  And they come in cobalt too!

And for the real daredevil and L.A.M.B. lovers out there, there's always this satin platform pump.


Does the platform craze have you reaching for new heights?  




1 comment:

  1. I love the look of them, but I am such a klutz, it could be disasterous for me to wear them! I have to stick w/ a max of 2", otherwise I feel like I am teetering around and am just minutes from a total wipe out!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails