Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Tasty Tuesdays: Heavenly Hash Cake

It seems that New Orleans Saints themed Superbowl menus are quite popular.  There was an article on www.nola.com today that described a home-cook's menu for this coming weekend.  I  just loved her creativity, and her recipes sound delish!!!  So I thought I'd pass one in particular along to you.  You can read more here.  

Heavenly Hash Cake
2 sticks butter, room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 1/2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 cup cocoa
2 cups chopped pecans
2 teaspoons vanilla
3 cups miniature marshmallows
Icing (recipe follows)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat butter and sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Add eggs one at a time. Sift together dry ingredients. Add to first mixture and beat well. Stir in by hand the pecans and vanilla. Bake in a greased 13-by-9 pan for 40 minutes.
Immediately upon removing from oven, cover surface of cake with marshmallows. Pour icing (recipe below) over marshmallow-covered cake.
Icing: 1 box sifted confectioners sugar, 1/4 cup cocoa, 1/2 cup cream or evaporated milk, 1/2 stick butter, melted: Beat until smooth, pour over cake.
Doesn't that just sound heavenly? 
What are you planning to make this weekend to celebrate the Superbowl?

4 comments:

  1. that looks delicious! I am making Texas style chili and I am very excited about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im making gumbo....because I'm rooting for the Saints......because of your awesome emails(instant conversion)! Have you seen the Phyllis Hoffman Magazine "Celebrate Winter"? There is a Mardi Gras spread in there and I immediately thought of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie is having a party at their condo so I will head over there. I must admit, I have a bit of a short attention span when it comes to football, so I will most likely only last until after the halftime show!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds just like the Elmer's candy - I may make this for Easter in a bunny cake mold pan - can you still get those?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails