Thursday, February 25, 2010

A Thought for Thursday - It's the Little Things

It's funny, I have a love hate relationship with tax season.  While the hours are long and the work is complex and stressful, I seem to thrive on the anticipation of the deadline.  I am never happier at work than during the peak of our busiest season.  At the same time, I am often weary and a little cranky.  It is during those times when just the littlest thing can brighten my day.  It doesn't take a lot. Last night I was working late, and an email came across my screen from Mark and it asked "Can you find the surprise?" and had this picture of the current contents of our refrigerator attached.

And just when I was feeling the grumpiest I had felt all day, I saw my surprise - a bottle of my favorite wine, Conundrum.  Isn't this the cutest and sweetest thing!  My heart melted and I was reminded how incredibly lucky I am to be married to someone who finds joy in the little things. 

8 comments:

  1. this is the sweetest! enjoy and unwind, darlin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, how sweet! You've got a keeper there :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was so sweet of Mark. I'm with you - it's the little things, done at the most random of times (and the times when you most need them!).

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is one of my favorite wines, too!! that is so sweet, hope you can relax and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HE WINS THE HUSBAND OF THE YEAR AWARD!
    I may or may not steal his idea and win the wife of the year award:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, tax season sounds so much like packing season -- right down to our attitudes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a tacky late comment but that's the cutest thing ever and I totally re-marry my husband for that one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails