Thursday, October 29, 2009

Ten (More) Things on Thursday...

So I just love these kinds of lists. Lisa has put up another installment on her blog, so I am going to do the same!!

1. What are you going to be for Halloween? Good question! We are going home this weekend and actually flying out on Halloween. I have to find something that I can pack. Any good ideas? I may just go to Walmart and get a couple of yards or pretty fabric, make a toga, and take my costume back to the good old days of frat parties.

2. Have you ever been on television? No, but I should have been! Four years ago, on the Halloween after Katrina, I met our local sports anchor (Lee Zurich) and told him I was going to the Saints game as a refrigerator. You see, at that time, everyone in NOLA has to throw out their yucky moldy fridges so on every street there were tons of fridges with duct tape all over them. People started spraying painting phrases on them and one of those phrases was "Don't Open Tom Benson Inside." He is the Saints owner who everyone hated that year b/c he wanted to move the team. So with hopes of being on tv, I constructed a Frigidaire refrigerator out of poster board, duct tape, and spray paint and wore it to the game. I never made it onto tv, but I took some pictures with random Saints fans who appreciated the humor.

3. Do you have a toilet paper preference? I like the super soft really cushy stuff.

4. When you’re pregnant, will you find out the sex of the baby? I really want to b/c I am a planner and don't like surprises. However, Mark really does not want to find out. He doesn't ask for much, so I might give in on this one. Plus my friend Anna said the cutest thing on this subject. She said so often women are the ones who are at the center of big events - the engagement, the wedding day, the whole pregnancy. She wanted her husband to have his moment when he got to open the waiting room door and announce to the world "It's a girl!" I thought that was a really sweet sentiment.

5. What are three items that every kitchen must have? A bottle of wine, a cast iron skillet, and a sharp eight inch chef's knife.

6. Do you enjoy Christmas shopping? LOVE it! I love the hustle and bustle and the Christmas songs played over and over. I love planning the perfect gift for someone and watching it get wrapped all nice and pretty. I love shopping, but I really love Christmas shopping!

7. What is your go-to recipe? Cheeseburger Pie or Roast Beef Po-Boys - they feed a crowd, are simple to prepare, and are delish!

8. Do you sleep on your back, belly, or side? Belly!

9. How do you feel about Tom Cruise? I was in love with Tom Cruise in the Top Gun days. Now - I just think he's a self centered weirdo.

10. What books are in your “books to read” stack? I am trying to finish My Life in France right now. Also, our book club book is Same Kind of Different As Me, so that too.

2 comments:

  1. "Self centered weirdo" - well put!

    Oh yes, a bottle of wine. Also important in the kitchen!!

    Go add your link in my comments so others can visit! (You'll have to scroll a bit because I actually do the Ten on Tuesday ON Tuesday!!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails