Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Trendy Wednesday - Vintage Inspired Shoes

I have always had a thing for "to-die-for" handbags and shoes. The way I see it, they are a girl's best friend. Just think of it this way, even on your worst "I feel fat" day, they fit like a charm. They never give you muffin top or accentuate your less than sculpted biceps. They are just perfectly reliable. Explaining the value of an over the top handbag can be tricky, but the way I see it, if you divide the cost of said item by the number of days you will wear it in its lifetime, it's basically free! And how many things can you buy in this world that become more valuable 25 years down the line when you can call it a "vintage piece." Seriously, this is some sound financial advice. While everything else we invest in is depreciating, that Fendi Peek-A-Boo bag is just skyrocketing in value! Have I convinced you yet?? I haven't convinced Mark either, and I've been trying for nearly ten years. The one thing I do believe in though is that if we take proper care of our accessories now, it will surely pay dividends later. It is said that history repeats itself, and in the world of fashion that couldn't be more true. One of my favorite repetitions of fashion's past is the vintage inspired shoe. From boots to pumps, you can find a shoe of every kind that brings back the bygone days.


I love this pair I bought at the Nordstrom semi-annual sale. (And they're on sale right now!) I like wearing them with tights in shades darker than they are to really accentuate the details of the shoe!


This pair of cream and black oxfords is simply adorable. It reminds of something the girls would have worn in The Notebook - the best romantic movie ever!!!




This pair of "Winding Ruffle Boots" is a great way to add a little interest to your winter outfits.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails