Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Trendy Wednesday - Think Pink


I imagine that all of us have had someone we know be affected by breast cancer. It is hard to conceive the fear and anxiety one must feel when first diagnosed. What it is even harder for me to conceive is the strength, determination, and will power these brave women demonstrate when fighting to beat the disease.



On our flight home from New Orleans Monday I was reading Delta's Sky magazine, and there was an article about the Breast Cancer Awareness campaign that mentioned that their campaign put "cause marketing" on the map. And when you think about it, are you really surprised that a women's movement could be the first to do this? I have found in every women's organization that I have been involved in that when a group of women come together, anything is possible. Whether it's bringing awareness to early childhood education or marching to end domestic violence or walking to raise money for breast cancer research, we make things happen. I have been so impressed with the many retailers who have joined the cause. So I thought I'd do a little cause marketing myself!!


Proceeds from this Bobbi Brown Lip Duo from her Pink Ribbon Collection will be added to her $35,000 donation to help fund breast cancer research. Such a great set!
I have loved seeing all of the NFL players sport their pink gloves and cleats. Now you can add a sporty pink touch to your workout too. These great New Balance tennies will come in handy when you start making your New Years resolutions. Wow - Yearly New Balance contributes 15% of wholesale sales from the Lace Up for the Cure® Apparel & Footwear Collection, with a guaranteed minimum donation of $500,000 up to a maximum of $1 million, to Susan G. Komen for the Cure®.




I love the cut and color of this pair of PRVCY jeans. Can't figure out your size, you can watch a handy little video to help you! PRVCY donates 10% of all profits to breast cancer research. Pretty amazing!



To my dear mentor DB, you taught me more than you could ever know about how to face life's greatest challenges. You fought your battle with courage and grace and a little dash of humor. I am a better CPA, wife, citizen, volunteer, and future mom because I know you. I am so grateful that you are a part of the brave women who make up the sorority of survivors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails