Thursday, October 15, 2009

Ten Things...

Lisa from Knitting Yarns posted this today, and I thought it would be fun. Comment with your anwsers or post them on your blog!!!

Ten on Thursday
Here are 10 random questions:
1. If you won the lottery, what would be your one random, off-the-wall purchase? So if I won the local lottery and it was like a million dollars, I would buy my mom an Hermes Birkin bag. It's something she's talked about wanting but that no normal person can actually get. They're fab!! But if we ever won the BIG lottery where you don't actually know if you could spend all the money I would buy a Gulfstream jet - no doubt in my mind!

2. What is popular now that you just don’t get? American Idol. I know, I know. I just don't like reality competition shows where America gets to vote. I think it weeds out the people who are incredibly talented but not picture perfect.

3. What would your last meal, you know, if you were ever about to be executed and you got to choose that sort of thing? Ok, this is one of my favorite driving trip games!! It's so hard to decide though. Appetizer - turtle soup from Upperline; Dinner - Filet Mignon covered in Bernaise from Emeril's Delmonico; Starches - Pommes Frites from Rue de Jean and my dad's Fettucini Alfredo; Veggie - Green Bean Casserole with French's Crunchy Onions; Dessert - my sister's Banana Bread Pudding with Banans Foster Sauce and the Butterscotch Pudding from 112 Eatery.

4. When is it okay to start listening to Christmas music? The week of Thanksgiving, but my dad will gladly sing "Oh the weather outside is frightful" any time of year!!

5. How do you feel about facial hair on men? It depends.

6. McDonald’s or Burger King? I know it's PC to say you hate fast food, but I could play the "what would your last meal be" game with fast food too. I don't eat it unless we're in an airport, but I do love it. I would say McDonald's for sure!! Those fries!!!!! PS - Popeyes is considered a bona fide restaurant in New Olreans, so it doesn't count as fast food in my book!!

7. What kind of soap do you use? I like the liquid Dove soap because it smells so good. I also really admire the Dove campaign on improving the concept of beauty an body image among young girls - so buy Dove!!

8. What movie can you watch over and over and never get tired of? The Holiday, Serendipity, Sex and the City, Dead Poets Society, Miracle, Cool Runnings

9. Favorite beverage? Mojitos and Coke Zero!!

10. What do you want for Christmas? We are planning a 5 year anniversary trip to Paris in June and there is this amazing culinary experience I am dying for. Your day begins at 9:00 am where you meet the tour leader (Paule) at her home and she takes you on a tour of the open air markets of Paris. You select the freshest products to use in making a 3 course lunch. Returning to her kitchen, you attend a cooking class and learn the basics of preparing a French meal using your ingredients. After lunch you go for a three hour food tour of the area. AMAZING! We have been emailing and she seems wonderful. I am hoping Santa knows about Paule and her amazing Parisian foodie day.

2 comments:

  1. Your #10 sounds AMAZING!!!! Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - #10 is AMAZING. That is awesome that you are going to Paris for your anniversary. You will fall head over heels in love with the city - at least i did. i can not wait to go back!

    I totally don't get people's obsession with American Idol. Or Dancing w/ the Stars. Or any shows like that. Cooking competitions, on the other hand, I am obsessed with. Like Top Chef.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails