Friday, January 1, 2010

CoSTUME NATIONAL



Since I went to my first Saints game as a little girl, I have always been fascinated with the few fans who dress up in costumes for the games.  Their dedication and Sunday personas have become so loved that twelve of the most famous among these masked men became the subject of a calendar whose proceeds benefit the 9th Ward Field of Dreams Foundation.  I bought one for all of my favorite Saints fans this Christmas!!  I have been trying for years to come up with a costume worthy of this league of loyal Who Dats, but I could never conceive an idea for a costume that represented both them and me.  Until now!!  I will admit, it is not a complete vision like the likes of Da Pope, The Gris Gris Man, or Voodoo Man, but it is a start.  For the divisional playoff game, my sister, my friend Sarah, and I will all be wearing these fabulously glittery majorette boots!  They are inspired by the  dance teams that march with the city's best high school marching bands in our Mardi Gras parades and the glittered shoes that the parade I ride in considers its signature throw.  And since Carnival 2010 is just around the corner, I think it will be a perfect tribute to our city and our team.  Maybe next year we'll add the batons and sequin costumes!!  I see a calendar in our future!!

4 comments:

  1. I came upon your blog via Grosgrain Lane. Glad to meet you on here.. and those Saints boots are too adorable! Have a wonderful 2010

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want some of those boots! LOL How did you make them?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails