Monday, January 18, 2010

We'll March On

Right into the NFC Championship!!  For the first time in franchise history, the Saints and the Louisiana Superdome will host the NFC Championship.  I truly could not be more excited than I am right now.  I have tried to think of a million different ways to express what I am feeling, but I don't think I can.  I have had people ask me "when did you become a Saints fan?" and for the life of me I have tried to find an answer to that question.  But the thing is, I don't think I became a Saints fan, I think I was born a Saints fan.  For as long as I can remember, I would spend Sundays with my dad watching the Boys of the Black and Gold.  He taught me everything I know about football and there is nothing I want more than for him to see this team go to the Superbowl.  One more win.  Just one more win and we're in!!

Weekend recap...
So there were many signs that led me to feel good about the Saints chances against the Cardinals.  First, all of my flights got in on time.  That is a miracle in itself!  Then I got my contacts in on the very first try.  That never happens!  Then, it was supposed to pour all day, and it didn't rain one drop.  It was a little dreary but you'd have never known it from the excitement that filled the streets around the Dome!!!

The majorette boots were a huge success (and we think the Saints good luck charm!!)


Sarah and me tailgating early in the am. 


Mmmmm...  Brees Brew does a body good.


One of the many Saints Superfan mascots, Da Pope, leading us in our second line to the Dome.  May I say this might be my favorite pre-game memory of all time!!!  Literally thousands of fans had their umbrellas out and danced their way to the Dome.  I get chills thinking about it!
 

One more win and we're in!!!!!  PS - aren't those Fleur de Lis headbands my siter made fab??


Final score: Your New Orleans Saints 45, Cardinals 14


And when we were celebrating at our regular post-game spot, Lucy's, I ran into one of my favorite bloggers, LSU Melanie!  It was so great to meet her and her hubby!!!



We head home for the game on Saturday morning, and I am already so excited I can't stand it!  WHO DAT!

5 comments:

  1. How fun! Adorable headbands indeed!

    I have to stay faithful and cheer for my Vikings. However, if the Saints win you def know who I will be cheering for come superbowl weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pics, and so happy for y'all!! I can't believe you met LSU Melanie!!! Very cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The boots look awesome! Adorable headbands.

    I will also be cheering for the Vikes but if the Saints win, I will cheer for them come SB weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab boots! So cute, and the headbands too. SOunds like fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails