Friday, January 15, 2010

I've got my ticket in my hand...


I'm gonna go to New Orleans...

Professor Longhair didn't know how right he was when he wrote those lyrics all those years ago.  Here I am sitting at my desk trying as hard as I can to focus before this long day begins but thinking about nothing more than getting on that plane and landing in New Orleans, LA home of your 2009/2010 NFC #1 seed playoff contenders.  Oh my goodnessssssss!!!!  Can you feel my excitement???  I am so sleepy from a week's worth of restless nights leading up to this game.  I don't know how the players do it.  I would be an insomniac if my job had this kind of excitement and anticipation involved!!!

It looks like we should be in for a very rainy day tomorrow.  Good thing that New Orleanians favorite dance, the Second Line, requires the use of an umbrella.  I just read that the Saints Superfans along with one of our city's many amazing brass bands will lead a second line parade from the South Rampart side of Allegro's Bar to the Superdome at 2:15.  The Saints Superfans will be throwing koozies and beads to get the parade season off on the right foot.  You can believe I will be in that number when the Saints Superfans go marching in (to the Dome).
A Traditional Second Line

I all can say at this point is WHO DAT!!!!  Who dat, Who dat, Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints.  Who Dat!!!!!

My sister and me right after the Saints beat Philly in the last divisional playoff we hosted.


If you're going to the game, what are your plans before and after? 

5 comments:

  1. Still trying to get my hands on rain boots...and I have a gold saints shirt to wear and this morning I heard they want the saints fans to wear black...and since it will be pouring down raining, we will be near the Dome parking lot...and of course LUCY'S!!! I CANNOT WAIT!!!!! WHO WHO WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll also be in that number....when the Saints go marching in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time! Looking forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have so much fun! what a great weekend trip!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails