Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Trendy Wednesday - Its Raining, Its Pouring




Does it feel to you like when it isn't absolutely freezing outside, it is pouring sheets of rain upon us?  I know that's how it feels in Beaufort.  It must be that way in NYC too, because last night I received an email request from my friend Jen asking me to post about rain boots.  Her favorite pair of Steve Madden rain boots have seen better days, and with all of the rainy walks she takes in Manhattan to get from here to there, she is in desperate need of a new pair.  She mentioned seeing a ton of girls walking in the city with some very stylish rain boots that have a label on the top front of the boots.  I have done a little searching and found a few cute pairs that range in price and style.  I'm hoping that one of them will be the perfect pair to spend a little rainy day money on.

This adorable fleur de lis pair can be found at Target and are a great value.  



There are these Hunter Original Classic Glossy Rain Boots.  I'm wondering if these might be the mystery pair!!  They come in an array of colors like green, yellow, fuchsia, and camel.  I love the buckle detail and the height of these boots.


I am loving the feminine detail to these Kate Spade Randi Rain Boots.  Between the bow and the stacked heel I think you could wear these to work on a rainy day and feel as stylish as you would with a perfect pair of pumps on.


Of course, there is the classic Burberry Rain Boot for those of you who might be interested in a rainy day splurge.  Imagine how cute these would look with skinny jeans and a camel colored trench coat!!



My ultimate pastime is shopping for friends when they need help finding something they're looking for.  If you ever have an idea for a trendy Wednesday or are looking for something in particular, let me know.  I'd love to help!!!

7 comments:

  1. Those Hunter boots are like buttah. Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaah..I have always wanted a pair of rain boots! love the target pair...bargain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I have a request! I need something cute to wear with my leggings that will cover my arse and not make me look like a total fat-arse!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. jen - you rock!!! the Hunter rain boots are the ones I've been seeing all over the city. I think I'm going to have to splurge and get them! Also - I second that request about finding a good length top for leggings that doesn't make you feel preggers but isn't skin tight either!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I am of course a sucker for the Burberry ones. My heart swoons for that print. Some day I will own something w/ that print. Someday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in the process of finally breaking down and ordering some rainboots, as the sloppy snow around my area is destroying my shoe collection! I love the option for the Hunters. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the boots. love my hunters...wouldnt trade them for the world!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails