Monday, January 11, 2010

Nervous Nelly Here...

Since we had a bye this weekend, I found myself pretty relaxed going into this round of the playoffs.  I enjoyed watching the three games that led up to the final game last night.  Then the clock struck 4:30 yesterday and we started watching the Packers and the Cardinals play and I began to feel a wave of anxiety rush over me.  Literally, I felt my tummy turning and I had all of this jittery energy.  You see,  the winner of that game would end being our opponent in 6 days!!!  After an amazing display of offenses, we now know that we will be playing the high flying Cardinals this Saturday at 3:30 pm in the Louisiana Superdome. 
And I can tell you that my tummy hasn't stopped turning.  How will I get through this week!!  I go through an array of emotions every minute.  From excitement to fear, anxiety to complete and utter confidence, I have felt every degree of emotion you feel when you're beloved team will be competing for a spot in the biggest game of them all.

I leave this Friday after work to head down to New Orleans.  Mark is on call and can't go to this round (he's holding out for the NFC championship game), so my sister will going to the game with me.  I'll have my Drew Brees jersey on and she'll have her Marques Colston jersey on, so the offense will be well represented.  What we have to hope is that our defense shows up and plays lights out!

If Drew Brees (our should have been named the MVP quarterback) needed any bulletin board material to psych himself up for Saturday's game, Arizona's safety Antrel Rolle sure gave him some when he said, “Let me tell you something – that dude is scary,” Arizona free safety Antrel Rolle said of Rodgers. “We have a great defense, and we were up on him and ready to pounce, and he found ways to tear us apart.  “I don’t ever want to face him again in my life. I am dead serious. I’ll face Drew Brees any day of the week before I face him again.”


Be careful what you wish for, Antrel.  You'll get to play Drew Saturday!!!

WHO DAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails