Friday, January 22, 2010

The Saints are Coming

As I sit here knowing I should be trying to sleep before we leave tomorrow to head to New Orleans for a game I thought I'd only dream about, I cannot but remember that amazing night on September 25, 2006 when the Saints quite literally brought this city back to life.  Now, four and a half years later, the pulse of our city has never been stronger, and neither has our team.  I truly believe with all of my heart that they play more for us than they do for themselves.  Never have I seen a team more closely touch the lives of their fans than this team.  There was an article recently asking fans if they would be man enough to admit that they would cry if we win on Sunday, and I will be woman enough to admit I cried reading the responses.  My favorite response came from a man who said that while he was a proud, grown man he could not help but weep at the memory of watching the Saints games with his father who would not be with us in the Superdome on Sunday, but who would instead be watching from the Golden Dome of Heaven as the boys of the black and gold marched on.  He along with all of the many Saints who have gone before him will watch on as their team takes the field on Sunday.

Will I cry?  Heck, I am crying now at the thought of just having the privilege to see this game.  There was a time when I thought we'd never see the Saints play in the Dome again.  And here they are, getting ready to play the most important game in franchise history in a dome so loud that the Vikings have had special earplugs crafted to block out the crowd noise.  Welcome to New Orleans, home of the Who Dat Nation.  Where we never give up the ship!

Here's quite possibly the second greatest moment of my life, after our wedding of course!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm crying just reading this! Bless them Boys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHHHOOOOOO DAAAATTTTTT! I Can hear downtown from my front yard, fireworks everywhere, neighbors are dancing and screaming as far down as I can see, cell phones not working like it's Katrina!!!!! This day will live on FOREVER!!!!!!!!wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwhhhhhhhhhhhoooooo dattttt superbowl!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Geaux Saints!!! What an amazing game!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails