Friday, January 22, 2010

Fridays Five Favorites: 2010 Golden Globes

I have always loved award shows.  When I was living in New Orleans, my mom and I would watch Oscar coverage on E! starting at noon.  We could tell you what was in the gift bags, the names of the auditors that verified the vote, what diet tips they suggest when trying to get into your gown.  I love it!  And while I certainly watch for the speeches and touching thank yous, let's be honest, it's the fashion that makes these nights worth waiting for!  So without further ado, I present my five favorite looks from the 2010 Golden Globes...

I thought Amy Adams and her baby bump looked beautiful in this dark green Carolina Herrera dress.  The choice of the amber color as an accent was genious!


Maybe it's just that I am obsessed with all things Mad Men, but I really liked January Jones in this Lanvin piece.  I thought her hair was playful and a nod to her character, and I loved the asymmetrical ruffle.


Olivia Wilde would have a hard time not looking beautiful, but I thought she sparkled in this Gucci gown. 


Kate Hudson might have won my best all-around award.  Her make-up was stunning, I am drooling over her earrings, and what can you say about that Marchesa dress.  She knocked it out of the park (sorry for the bad reference to her ex, A-Rod).  Truly a stunning look.


And the wild card award winner is Diane Kruger.  She certainly took a risk in this Christian Lacroix Haute Couture gown, but I really love it.  I love the color, and the detail of the neckline is amazing.  It may not be everyone's choice, but I admire her for going for it!


Are you an award show addict too?  And what was your favorite look from the Golden Globes?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with your choices! I also loved Cameron Diaz in that bold red gown!! She sure can pull off a wide range of colors!

    It seemed like there were fewer disasters this year compared to other years. one that sticks out in my mind was Mariah Carey. I think she showed off a little too much of her bust... Looked pretty trashy

    ReplyDelete
  2. kate hudson indeed was adorable and I really liked Sandra Bullocks getup. Have a great weekend.
    PS:To me this is the superbowl game of all games! If the Vikings lose I will become a Saint fan as after all I did attend a Catholic school and we were the Saints!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails